Fresh lavender is a versatile ingredient that you can incorporate in both sweet and savory dishes. Lavenders floral notes works well with coconuts rich bold flavor, making it the perfect combination for this recipe.
If your sweet tooth is as big as mine then its hard not too want sweets. This recipe satisfies anyone looking for an easy guilt free ice-cream fix. You almost think you’re having regular ice-cream.
Purchasing an ice-cream attachment for my Kitchen Aid stand mixer was probably one of the best things I own. I wanted to start making fresh ice-cream at home. Yes, its easy to buy ice-cream at the market but theres just something about making it yourself. This means you determine what goes in your ice-cream concoction, you set your sweetness level and most important just have fun with it.
I was super excited to try my attachment and I wanted to make something that my friend who happens to be Vegan would approve of. Let’s just say I hit it out the ball park.
Check out how I make this recipe on my Youtube Channel :
Recipe adopted from Homegrown Provision
Vegan Coconut/Lavender Ice-cream
- 1 Cup full-fat Coconut milk
- 1 Cup Almond Milk (or non-dairy milk)
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 Cup water
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1 Tablespoon Lavender, chopped
- In a sauce pan on medium heat whisk together all ingredients until well combine and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove mixture from heat and place in a heat-proof container until completely chilled.
- Transfer Vegan Coconut/Lavender mixture to ice-cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturers instructions. Spin the ice-cream for 20-25mins. Serve the ice-cream immediately or freeze for up to 4 hours for a more firmer ice-cream.
The ice-cream mixture can be made a day ahead. Remember to freeze your ice-cream maker attachment according to the manufacturers instruction.
Mix in nuts for some texture.