Today’s meal prep consisted of forage goods available in my refrigerator. With the busy week ahead I wanted to prep some meals for the week. I used some veggies that looked like they were about to give in. I hate seeing food go to waste, so before letting it spoiled I cooked them.
I did the easiest lazy way to cook vegetables on the fly (meaning fast because I had stuff to do). I roasted some sweet potatoes, fennel, eggplant, white asparagus, potatoes and some red onions. I seasoned the veggies with a few spices (turmeric, coriander, paprika salt and pepper) mixed them up with some E.V.O.O and roasted them at 400f for about 20minutes, the sweet potatoes cooked for an additional 20 minutes until it was fork tender.
I cooked a bit of turkey meat and seasoned well with the same spices but of course I had to add cumin the best spice ever!! After cooking I let the food cool and place them in containers.
However the meal prep was not complete without a sweet fix. I found this cool recipe from a Body builder I follow on instagram. @fitgurlmel
I doc the recipe to my taste so here it is :
- 1 C egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 C oats
- 1 rip banana
- 2 T Sunflower seed butter (or of choice)
- 1 scoop of Mocha protein or (protein of choice)
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1t cinnamon
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/3 C sugar or (honey, maple syrup) optional
- 1 C fresh berries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350f. Line a muffin tin with paper cups, set aside.
- In a blender combine egg whites, egg, oats, banana, sunflower seed butter, protein, baking soda/powder, cinnamon, vanilla and sugar (if using). Blend until fully incorporated.
- Fold in berries if using, add batter to prepared muffin tins.
- Bake at 350f for 15-20mins.
- Let cool and remove from tins.
- Eat and enjoy!
I got 10 muffins, from this recipe. I also sprinkled some oats on top for garnish. I placed my muffins in a container and froze them. Before eating them let it sit at room temperature to defrost and put it in the microwave for 10 seconds.
Easy clean way to have some sweets in your diet.