I have finally discovered the best flavor combination ever!!!! I might be a little late but if you’re craving a light but sweet dessert then this Lemon Ricotta Cake is for you. With all the extra ricotta I had in my refrigerator I knew I had to use it before it went bad.
I had made lemon ricotta pancakes with the ricotta cheese and they were divine, so I had a thought ‘Why not make a Lemon Ricotta cake ?” After working such a long busy week, it was finally Friday and all I wanted to do was bake a cake, with only three eggs left in my refrigerator this recipe was perfect.
I found this fantastic recipe from blogger Terri Truscello Miller “Love and Confections”
This is a simple and delicious cake that can be made in advance, looks great on the dinner table too! Make it for anyone and they’ll love you for it, try something new today.
I used coconut oil in my recipe just to make it a bit healthier, but what can I say its a guilty pleasure !
Lemon Ricotta Bundt Cake
Adapted from Familystyle Food
Lemon Ricotta Bundt Cake Ingredients:
– 2 & 1/3 cups All-Purpose Flour
– 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
– 1 teaspoon Salt
– 3 large Eggs, room temperature
– 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
– 1 & ¼ cups Granulated Sugar
– Zest from 3 Lemons, Juice from 1 Lemon
– 1 cup Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
– 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
– Powdered Sugar for dusting (optional)
– Lemons and Mint for garnish (optional)
Lemon Ricotta Bundt Cake Directions:
- Heat oven to 350F. Generously spray your bundt pan with baking spray and set aside.
- Sift the Flour, Baking Powder and Salt together into a bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the eggs to break them up. Add in the Olive Oil, and Lemon Juice and beat until combined. Add in the Ricotta, Lemon Zest and Vanilla Extract and beat until combined.
- Slowly add the Flour mixture in while on low speed and incorporate. Once mixed, scrape around the sides and bottom with a spatula to insure that everything is mixed properly, then pour into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let it cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes, then invert onto you serving plate to cool completely. Once cool, dust with Powdered Sugar and garnish with Lemon Slices and Mint. Enjoy!