Lavender and Earl Grey is a combination made in foodie heaven!
After much brainstorming for my next video, I thought that lavender would make a good ingredient in a dessert. I did not want it to stand alone so I figured the bold flavor of a black tea such as Earl Grey would work. Both lavender and earl grey have floral notes that compliment each other making them ideal for this cake.
No tea time is complete without a sweet treat, and what better way then with fresh lavender from the farmers market, yet dry lavender also works. Like me if you want something easy and delicious this is your go-to recipe.
I had so much fun making this video, watch me make it on my
Lavender Earl Grey Tea Cake
- 1 C Sugar
- 5 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, room tempetature
- 1/2 t Vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1 3/4 C all-purpose flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/4 t baking soda
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 C almond milk(infused w/ earl grey)
- 2 T finely chopped lavender leaves
- Preheat oven to 350f.
- Grease an 8inch loaf pan, with parchment paper and set aside.
- Beat together the sugar, butter and vanilla extract for (5 minutes). Add the egg and egg white one at a time, until incorporated.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Alternating add flour mixture then milk (beginning with flour and ending with flour).
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 1 hour or until tooth pick comes out clean.
- 1/2 C Confectioner Sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp water
- 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 1/2 t finely chopped lavender leaves (garnish)
In a medium bowl whisk together sugar, water and vanilla extract, until desire consistency.
Tip: use infused earl grey milk instead of water for more flavor. If your glaze is too thick add a bit more liquid a teaspoon at a time. (too thin add a bit more sugar)