This holiday season we celebrated my nieces’s birthday and Christmas. I wanted to make something fun for the kiddos to enjoy. My obsession with Oreo cookies lead me to make some crispy treats for my family.
I wanted to make some unique sweets, so I decided to search the web for some insight in creating this unique sweet concoction. Since I did not find an exact recipe for Oreo Chex that I liked, I made my own.
Just a few simple ingredients and magic was made, tasty deliciousness magic. This treat bar was a hit with the adults and kids, and a real time saver if your looking for something quick and easy. kids will love to make these with you, the gooey texture of these bars with the crunch of the Oreo cookies are just that good!
Chex Oreo Treat Bars..an Oreo Lover’s Dream
- 1/4 Cup of melted unsalted butter
- 1 (10 oz) bag of miniature marshmallows
- 8 Cups Chex cereal
- 16 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 Cup melted white chocolate
- Lightly grease a 9x13inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a large pan, combined the marshmallows and butter over medium heat stirring constantly (4-5 mins).
- When smooth turn off the heat, add the Chex cereal and the chopped Oreo cookies, save a few for garnish. Mix well.
- Add the Chex/Oreo mixture into the pan, and press down.
- Melt the white chocolate into a microwave safe bowl for 30 second intervals until completely melted. Drizzle the chocolate on top of the bars and garnish with the remaining Oreo cookies.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, cut into square and serve.
Notes: Spraying your spatula and your hands with cooking spray makes it easier when dealing with the sticky mixture. Also adding a bit of oil to your chocolate makes the chocolate much more smooth and easy to spread. I would add a teaspoon at a time.